Friday 27 July 2012

Video of the Week: Flying Karamazov Brothers


In 1981 I saw juggling troupe 'The Flying Karamazov Brothers', from the west coast of America, at the Mayfair Theatre in London. I decided there and then to become a juggler, and spent the next three months trying to find someone who could teach me the basic three ball cascade. Then someone (who?) placed a small ad in Time Out offering lessons, and I learnt in their front room.

Today Tom Noddy, the bubble man, drew my attention to a video of past and present members of the FKBs performing at this year's Oregon Fair. I'd been looking for a suitable video to start a 'Video of the  Week', so what could be more suitable than eight minutes of iconic club passing and patter ("it's still more fun than a unicorn in a balloon factory"):


No comments:

Post a Comment